Food service includes all food and beverage businesses ranging from restaurants, cafes, hotels, and school and university cafeterias, to street vendors and business break rooms.
Green Star Awardee Activities
- Snow City Cafe recently renegotiated its utility arrangements with the building owner. When the building owner was going to raise utility prices, Snow City asked if it could pay for the recycling bins in exchange for the utility costs remaining the same. The arrangement benefits all concerned and helped to increase recycling in the restaurant. View a PowerPoint presentation highlighting Snow City's accomplishments.
Food Service Resources
- Green Star Tip Sheet - Restaurants
- Green Cleaning Products & Services Spreadsheet
- Energy Effficiency Ideas for Food Service (PowerPoint)
- ENERGY STAR for Restaurants
- Alaska Cabaret, Hotel, Restaurant & Retailer's Association (CHARR)
- Bean's Cafe
- Food Bank of Alaska
- Green Restaurant Association
- Thimmakka Certified Green Restaurants