Earning a Green Star Award
Welcome and congratulations! You have taken the first step toward achieving a higher environmental standard. Below is the step-by-step process for achieving a Green Star Award.
1. Enroll in the Green Star program.
2. Participate in a site assessment.
3. Implement the Green Star Standards.
- Technical Assistance Resources:
- Review a Sample Green Star Award Achievement Report.
- Submit your report electronically in MSWord, Adobe PDF, or as text within your e-mail message to info at greenstarinc.org.
- Mail any supplemental materials to Green Star, 333 W. 4th Ave., Ste. 310, Anchorage, AK 99501.
5. Receive your Award!
- Once approved by the Standards Committee, you will receive your award. Formal presentation of the award will be made at the Ancorage Chamber of Commerce "Make It Monday" luncheon or another appropriate forum.
- At this time, you can display the Green Star Award logo and decals in your workplace, include the logo on letterhead or literature, and publicize your achievements using the Green Star name.
- More benefits of being a Green Star Award certified organization
6. Maintain your Award.
- Every two years, you will receive a recertification asking for updates to contact information and a summary of where your Green Star Standards stand.
- You will be asked to update Green Star on how you have met the future goals indicated in your original achievement report and to provide new goals for the future. This ensures that your organization is always moving forward in its environmental initiatives.